Thursday, November 26, 2009

Part 2 Cleaning and Trimming (Pic Heavy)

So I have begun cleaning and trimming all the parts. Damn there is a lot to do. I've spent probably 20 + hours working on this now. I'm about 80% of the way done.

First thing I did was make sure that I got all the parts for the reaver, went through each checklist sheet. Sadly I did find that I was missing a piece, it isn't anything major, just a cable/tentacle arm that is supposed to be coming out of the Princep's chest.

I already emailed Forgeworld about this and they are sending me a replacement piece, probably take around 10 days, which is totally fine, since I still have a lot of work to do before I can even start to worry about that part.

There really is a lot of excess resin to cut, I've managed to mutilate my thumb multiple times so far. :x

Once I've finished cleaning/trimming all the parts, I'm going to wash them all thoroughly to remove any mould release fluids from the model, otherwise the paint will just rub off. I learned this the hard way when I tried to paint my Brass Scorpion.

Anyway, here are some pics:



That is a lot of parts!



The angriest knee you will ever know and fear...



I too would be screaming with a giant whole in my chest... :|



Eye of Horus I would imagine. :)



They all is chilling in the head...



:D



Wow... I had lob that off... twice... :|

No comments:

Post a Comment