Sunday, May 22, 2011

Chaos Titan Legs, Part Four: Retribution

It's done, the legs are finally done. After a good solid 3 weeks of work. :)

Things came together much better than I had expected, after the initial problems of the armour plates not wanting to fit together properly.

I also went ahead and did some freehand work, the mark of Khorne on the one knee pad, and the quotes on each side of the legs. I think the bleach bones colour came out really well on the red, better than I had initially expected.

I created a mask with some green painters tape for the knee pad. This worked out ok, some of the paint still bled through over the the lines, so I had to touch it up.

Now that this part is done, I can start work on the weapons and Torso. Which I think I'll be able to do tomorrow.


Used some green painters tape to paint the symbol on the knee pad.

Front view of the legs completed and glued.

Back view.

Writing on the legs. Had a friend help me with what to write here.

"Imperator Rex Mortis, Vivat Deus Tenebrus."

Roughly translates into, "Death to the emperor, long live the dark gods."

Mark of Khorne and Angry Knee happily at home, although I'm sure its hard to tell.

Monday, May 16, 2011

A side of Dakka

Here is a preview of my next project, Orks.

I've been looking at them for a while, and a part of me has been wanting to do conversions on some Orky contraptions. It's going to be a lot of fun to see what I can pull of.

A lot of the Lootas/Burnas/Nobs/Deff Kopta bitz are most likely going to go into conversions.

So far I have the following:

1 Ork Warboss
15 Nobs
40 Boyz
10 Ork Kommandos + 1 Boss Snikrot
5 Lootas/Burnas
3 Deff Koptas
3 Killa Kans
1 Deff Dread
1 Truk
1 Battle Wagon
6 Ork Bikers

Expect more Dakka in the Future.

Chaos Titan Legs. Part Three, The Reckoning...

So, what did I learn about gluing all those pieces for the inner lower leg areas. It's a pain in the butt.

I had two parts that did not want to fit together. Essentially, because of how both of the legs are bent as far as they are, I neglected to realize that I won't be able to fit the piston in with the guard piece. Issue occurred on the front most leg's rear piston guard and on the front piston guard on the other leg. In the end having to shave a lot of the piston was the only way to get it to actually fit, and even then it was very tight.

Next problem was with the toes, once again caused by how far the legs were bent. I had to use a mixture of pinning, green stuff, and super glue to get it all to fit together.

Needless to say it was a messy, frustrating ordeal. I also ended messing up some of the paint because of getting super glue on my fingers. After about 3 hours it was done, and I patched up all the areas I messed the paint up.

Front of the legs.

Back/Side view of the legs.

Rear of the front most leg. As you can see the back piston is very close to the toe. This caused me a lot of grief.

Front of the front most leg.


Friday, May 13, 2011

Chaos Titan Legs, Part Two of Many

Just another update. Managed to finish painting all the lower inner leg pieces. A total of:

16 toe pistons, 8 leg pistons, 2 back of the knee pistons, 8 Toes, and 8 Piston leg guards.

Was a bit of pain to paint them, surprisingly. Now that it's done I can go ahead and get it all glued. I'll probably have an update for that later this weekend.


Thursday, May 5, 2011

Chaos Titan Legs, Part One of Many

Well, I was hoping to have an update last Saturday, but as it turns out, the inner leg parts took longer than expected. I've been doing a good solid 1 - 3 hours each day so far. I'm feeling really good about it and I'm excited to be on my way to completing this project.

Anyway, here they are for everyone to see. Enjoy! Comments are always welcome.